Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful For...

Today I have been thanking God a lot. It went something like this:

Dear God:

Thank you for teaching Mara to burp and pass gas without difficulty. Thank you for showing me how to better delegate Jimmy's IPad use so that he is less whiny and more cooperative. Thank you for helping me to show Cristin to have a more thankful and less selfish demeanor. Thank you for showing us Jack's hyperactivity is due to food dye sensitivity.

But most of all, thank you for helping us intuit to make the children's bedtime slightly later, thereby causing them ALL to start sleeping until 7am without nightwaking. Thank you also for a baby who appears to need only wake once in the middle of the night and is willing to sleep in her own bed. This has given us two 3-4 hour stretches of solid sleep a night. We have not seen this in eight years, God. I humbly ask you, that if it is your will, to allow us to keep this pattern, for with this kind of sleep and your help, I am able to accomplish most trials during the day. This includes but is not limited to a gassy overstimualted baby, an autistic child with a new fixation, a six year old crying that life is not fair, or even a 4 year old who was accidently fed red dye #40.

I think I can even handle WalMart with all 4 by myself, but I am not sure. That may be over the top.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment